As a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Amazon Registry Services, Inc. (“Amazon Registry”) follows the same information practices as Amazon.com, and information we collect is subject to the Amazon.com Privacy Notice and the additional terms below. By visiting the Amazon Registry site, you are accepting the practices described in the Amazon.com Privacy Notice and as described herein.
Amazon Registry receives domain name registration information from Amazon Registry-accredited registrars. Amazon Registry shares customer information and domain name registration information with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) and other third parties as required to comply with applicable ICANN policies and requirements. For example:
- We must operate a WHOIS service that provides, via “Port 43” and an interactive website, public access to domain name registration information.
- We must deposit all domain name registration information with an escrow agent.
- In case of a registrar’s failure, loss of accreditation, court order, or other event that prompts the temporary or definitive transfer of domain names from one registrar to another registrar, we will provide ICANN with the registration information for the affected domain names.
- We must provide access to zone file data, which includes the domain name and its name servers, to third parties for lawful purposes.
- We may be required to share domain name registration information and other customer information in responding to complaints and inquiries about registration information, customer information, or domain name use from ICANN or other third parties.